The J. B Osborne Theatre was opened in 1978 and is named in memory of the second Principal of Kangaroo Flat Secondary College (Crusoe College). The theatre seats 382 patrons with a stage size of 9.5 metres deep x 10 metres wide. It is available for hire on weekends and most weekdays.
Among its facilities the Theatre has the following:
- A multi-channel sound system including fold back sound system, with a variety of microphones including a radio microphone and feedback eliminator. (professional or trained people to operate this system only)
- A stage lighting system
- A large control room for monitoring sound and lighting. Limited lighting can be controlled from the stage.
- Two dressing rooms each with a shower and toilet, and direct external access.
- An acoustically designed auditorium.
- Easy side access for stage props and equipment.
- Public toilets including wheelchair access.
- Heating and evaporative air conditioning.
- Storage space.
- A kiosk for selling drinks and food items. The kiosk contains a fridge and urn.
- A box office for selling tickets.
- Easy street parking for patrons.
- A College liaison person (Mr Gerry Truscott 5447 7722)
- Disabled parking in Olympic Parade and at rear of theatre – same level disabled access at rear of Theatre.